J.J. Sydney con Triathlon Beginner's Guide For The True Couch Beginner: How to get off the couch and start training from the start (English Edition)
Finally, a triathlon book for the true beginner! J.J. Sydney takes a witty and common language approach to getting off that couch and start your journey to finishing your first triathlon.
There is a place for the experts and their books. This is like a translation of the expert slang to everyday non-expert language. Experts forget the true strength it takes to get from the couch and in a pool, on a bike, or in those running shoes. J.J. Sydney bridges the gap between the athlete and aspiring tri-athlete.
From the inspiration of how J.J. Sydney started his own journey, the struggles he suffered in training, injuries, and time, to real life advice for real life people with real lives, this book walks through every stage of your first triathlon. J.J. Sydney provides practical advice for practical people that includes:
1. A true examination of the equipment you will need and affordable options;
2. The importance of developing core muscles to remain injury free;
3. How to translate the expert's training plans into workable plans for real people;
4. A training plan primer to get the true beginner ready for even the most basic expert training plans;
5. Race day expectations for real people with real anxiety; and
6. Recommendations for phone apps, education resources, websites, and books that are based on effectiveness from a beginner's point of view.
This won't be the last book you read in your first triathlon journey, but it should be the first. A must have for the first thirty days of a beginner's journey into the world of triathlons.
J.J. Sydney's story will inspire as he weaves you through his 90 pound weight loss to swim, bike, and run his way to a healthy life-style that now includes multiple sprint triathlons, century bike rides, regular 5k events, and multi-mile swims while still working a full time schedule.